STOWE 2020 follow-up:
We are aware that some of the material in several of the lectures were felt to be offensive by some members of the audience. We apologize for any discomfort that the presentations may have caused. We are developing a policy to prevent future occurrence of this nature.
We hope to see you at future meetings.
If you have any additional questions or concerns the board members will be happy to talk to you. You can contact us using the contact us via the link at the bottom of the website.
- This event has passed.
HCNE Stowe 2020 Symposium
February 28 - February 29
30th Anniversary HCNE Winter Headache Symposium
Under the educational direction of Steven J. Scrivani, DDS, DMedSc
The Lodge at Spruce Peak, Stowe, Vermont
This symposium is designed for physicians, dentists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists, and other health professionals with an interest in headaches.
HCNE endorses a fragrance-free policy at our meetings. We request attendees not wear fragrances including perfumes and colognes.
The Patients are $75
Residents, Fellows and Medical Students – Free ($0)
Upon completion of this educational activity, attendees will be able to:
- Evaluate a patient who presents with headache.
- Optimize acute, preventive, and rescue treatment for the primary headache disorders.
- Recognize “dangerous” secondary headaches.
- Describe the clinical relevance of migraine genetics.
- Make informed treatment recommendations based on the life stage of the woman migraineur.
- Identify new therapeutics for migraine and other headaches.
- Explain the role of sleep in migraine.
- Plan mindfulness based behavioral interventions for migraine.
- Present current thinking on pediatric and adolescent headache disorders.
- Explain cognitive biases and errors and ethical issues in Headache Medicine.
- Describe the symptoms, epidemiology, neuroimaging findings and treatment for post-traumatic headache and post-concussion syndrome.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
800-451-8686 – when calling to reserve a room please mention HCNE – Headache Cooperative of New England 2020. Room rate is $349/night with a 2 night minimum. All rooms must be booked prior to January 28, 2020. Visit website
Stoweflake Resort & Conference Center
When calling to reserve a room be sure to clarify that you are with the Headache Cooperative of New England. They are offering rooms starting at $168 for a standard guest room up to $268 for a premier guest room with a 2 night minimum. Visit website
Some Townhouses are also available. All rooms must be booked by February 7, 2020. 800-253-2232