- This event has passed.
21st Annual HCNE Boston Fall Headache Symposium
November 6, 2021
Headache Medicine 2021
Saturday, November 6, 2021
Live at The Colonnade Hotel, Boston, and Live Virtual Streaming
This exciting symposium is designed for physicians, dentists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists and other health professionals to learn from the leaders in headache medicine.
Live and Virtual:
- Members, $119
- Non-Members, $139
Virtual from Outside North America: $49
Students, Residents, and Fellows: FREE
Accreditation & Designation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Boston University School of Medicine and the Headache Cooperative of New England (HCNE). Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the approach to evaluation and management of the headache patient
- Recognize different pediatric syndromes associated with migraine
- Recognize how headache disorders and ENT disorders can both experience facial pain
- List approaches to the urgent treatment of headache disorders
- Describe key principals in managing the difficult patient
- Recognize eye complaints in headache disorders separating them from primary eye conditions
- List common features of dental disorders and how they can present with facial pain
- Recognition and management of headache disorders in women
- Describe the role of interventions in the management of headache
- List upcoming therapies in Headache Medicine
Health & Safety
The Health and Safety of members, attendees and staff is of utmost important to us. HCNE is actively monitoring the health and safety guidance from the Centers for Disease Control as well as state and local health departments. HCNE requires attendees to abide by any applicable rules of conduct or local or state laws that may be announced at any time before or during the event, which may include wearing masks, engaging in social distancing, agreeing to temperature checks or COVID-19 testing requirements, or providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. HCNE reserves the right to cancel the in-person part of the meeting at any time if we feel conditions warrant it. More information on the health and safety plan for this symposium will be published closer to the start of the event.
All in-person registrants will have to attest to either being fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to arriving for the event or have had a negative covid-19 test result within 72 hours of arrival.
The Headache Cooperative of New England is dedicated to providing opportunities for both in-person and virtual education, and we look forward to seeing you at this year’s headache symposium.