HCNE Boston 2019 Annual Meeting
LEARNING BY EXAMPLE: A CASE BASED APPROACH
Under the educational direction of Steven M. Baskin, PhD
NOVEMBER 2, 2019
COLONNADE HOTEL, BOSTON, MASS
This symposium is designed for physicians, dentists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists, and other health professionals with an interest in headaches.
Upon completion of this educational activity, attendees should be better able to:
- Evaluate a patient who presents with headache.
- Recognize “dangerous” secondary headaches.
- Evaluate CSF leaks and describe their relationship to headache.
- Optimize acute/abortive, preventive, and rescue treatment of the
common primary headache disorders.
- Describe the mechanisms underlying migraine.
- Compare the various CGRP inhibiting monoclonal antibodies for the
prevention of migraine.
- Make informed treatment recommendations based on the life stage
of the woman migraineur.
- Describe the evidence for complementary therapies for headache
- Recognize how migraine stigma affects diagnosis, treatment and
- Evaluate cannabis and cannabinoid therapies for headache.